Friday 20 June 2008

Summer Break ~ Work ~

Started working on the 28th of May. Was suppose to start on june but the finance manager called and say he needs help urgently. So i have to sacrifise my extra one week of rest for work. Oh ya, forgotten to mention where n wat am i working as. I work as an assistant accountant in Columbia Asia-an american healthcare company. They manages a few big hospitals in asia. Like in Vietnam, India, Indonesia, and of cos Malaysia. 1st day of work was kinda easy. Key in some invoices. K not that easy, cos i have to know which account to key it in. Learnt a lot from there. Journal entry, credit n debit note, bank draft, transfer fund, bank n creditor reconciliation, making payments, writing n printing cheques, etc...still got lots more to learn.



I manage to get this job because there is this lady-azni who is going on her maternity leave soon and they need someone to take over her job urgently. For almost 3 weeks azni taught me all the things that i need to know. I have to write down notes. I even transfer it to a notebook when i get home. haha so hardworking.(self praise in no praise)haha...



Though i make mistake, some very careless mistakes, but all my colleagues did not blame me. They give me chance to learn from my mistakes n teach me how to correct it from the mistakes. Glad to have such nice colleagues.



One thing i hate the most is doing accounts for the 2 Vietnam hospitals. Just cant read their "beautiful" writings. Especially numbers. Oh well, I have to get use to it. Since i'll be handling them for the next 3 months.

1 comment:

Lijuan said...

praise urself!!lolz... i thought a lot of ppl praise u dy.. still nt enuf ah? self praise pula... hmmm.. so free.. working and surfing ppl's blog at the same tyme....those stuff tat u did in office it's like A LOT~!! no wonder so busy... haah.. oh yea... btw u started 2 work on June not AUGUST!!!... august belum tiba lagi..macam mana lu kerja???... hehe